The Southwest Washington Surgery Center is proud to employ highly skilled team of nurses and clinical staff that focus on supporting your surgery. Our highest priorities are your comfort, safety, and well-being. With that in mind, we’ve developed a list of items to help you throughout your surgical procedure. Please review the following pages thoroughly:
Patient Checklist: The following overview consists of information outlined in Preparing for Your Procedure, On the Day of Your Procedure, and After Your Procedure. Please make sure you have reviewed each of these sections thoroughly for additional information regarding your procedure.
- You have planned your trip to our facility (our parking garage can be tricky).
- You have arranged for an adult to take you home and stay with you for 24 hours following surgery.
- You have completed the pre-registration process.
- You have refrained from alcoholic beverages and smoking for 24 hours before your surgery, and you will continue to refrain from alcoholic beverages and smoking for 24 hours after your surgery.
- You have not eaten or drank anything after midnight the evening before your surgery.
- You have contacted our facility if you have high blood pressure, diabetes, asthma, heart conditions, pain, seizures, or if you or a family member have had an issue with anesthesia in the past.
- You have not developed a fever, show signs of a cold/flu, or have been exposed to a communicable disease.
- You have bathed or showered on the morning of your procedure to minimize the risk of infection.
- You have selected loose fitting clothing that will fit over a dressing.
- You are not wearing any makeup or perfume.
- You have left valuables such as jewelry, wallets and purses at home.
- You have your insurance ID cards, Medicare card and other applicable insurance information.
- You have your completed Patient History Questionnaire if not already submitted.
- Children: you have packed their favorite stuffed toy, blanket, diapers, bottles, sippy-cups, and other necessary items from your daily routine.
- Children: you have prepared any legal documents that may be required if you are a court appointed guardian.
- If you have questions about your insurance coverage or your financial responsibility, you have called an Account Representative prior to the day of your procedure at (360) 449-6354.
- If you need to set up a payment planm you have talked with an Account Representative prior to the day of your procedure. Call (360) 449-6354.
- You have your copayment, deductible and/or any deposit that has been requested by your Account Representative.