The Southwest Washington Surgery Center is proud to employ highly skilled team of nurses and clinical staff that focus on supporting your surgery. Our highest priorities are your comfort, safety, and well-being. With that in mind, we’ve developed a list of items to help you throughout your surgical procedure. Before you use this patient checklist, please review the following pages thoroughly:
- You have planned your trip to our facility (our parking garage can be tricky).
- You have arranged for an adult to take you home and stay with you for 24 hours following surgery.
- Please print, fill out, and bring with you the Patient Registration Form (PDF) and the Patient History Questionnaire (PDF).
- You have refrained from alcoholic beverages and smoking for 24 hours before your surgery, and you will continue to refrain from alcoholic beverages and smoking for 24 hours after your surgery.
- You have not eaten or drank anything after midnight the evening before your surgery.
- You have notified a staff member during your pre-op phone call if you have high blood pressure, diabetes, asthma, heart conditions, pain, seizures, or if you or a family member have had an issue with anesthesia in the past.
- You have not developed a fever, show signs of a cold or flu, have been exposed to a communicable disease, or are currently taking antibiotics for an infection.
- You have bathed or showered on the morning of your procedure to minimize the risk of infection.
- You have selected loose fitting clothing that will fit over a dressing.
- You are not wearing any makeup or perfume.
- You have left valuables such as jewelry, wallets and purses at home.
- You have a complete list of any medications you are currently taking, including any over-the-counter medications.
- You have your insurance ID cards, Medicare card and other applicable insurance information.
- Children: you have packed their favorite stuffed toy, blanket, diapers, bottles, sippy-cups, and other necessary items from your daily routine and included any special dietary restrictions.
- Children: you have prepared any legal documents that may be required if you are a court appointed guardian.
- If you have questions about your insurance coverage or your financial responsibility, you have called an Account Representative prior to the day of your procedure at (360) 449-6354.
- If you need to set up a payment plan, you have talked with an Account Representative prior to the day of your procedure. Call (360) 449-6354.
- You have your copayment, deductible and/or any deposit that has been requested by your Account Representative.