Before You Arrive at the Surgery Center
Planning your journey to the Surgery Center will minimize your stress on the day of your procedure. Our parking garage can be confusing but exact information can be found on the Our Location page.
Familiarizing yourself with the information below also will help to ensure your comfort and safety on the day of your procedure:
- No breakfast or food of any kind, including water, drinks, gum, candy or mints.
- Bathe or shower on the morning of your procedure to minimize the risk of infection.
- You may brush your teeth and use mouthwash but do not swallow any water.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing that will fit over a dressing.
- Do not wear any makeup or perfume.
- Leave valuables such as jewelry, wallets and purses at home.
- Please bring a complete list of any medications you are currently taking, including any over-the-counter medications.
- Bring your insurance ID cards, Medicare card and other applicable insurance information.
- Please print, fill out, and bring with you the Patient Registration Form (PDF) and Patient History Questionnaire (PDF).
- Bring your copayment, deductible and/or any deposit that has been requested by your Account Representative. If you have any questions regarding your deposit, please be sure to talk to an Account Representative prior to the day of surgery to avoid slowing down your check-in process.
Checking-in For Your Procedure
When you arrive at the Surgery Center, our reception staff will help you with any paperwork that you have not already completed. Please tell our receptionist if you need any special assistance. We will be happy to help you in any way.
- Pre-registration can greatly reduce the amount of time needed for check in. Please print, fill out and bring with you the Patient Registration Form (PDF) and Patient History Questionnaire (PDF).
- If you are accompanying a patient, we request that you stay near the reception area. The surgeon and staff will look for you to discuss post-operative instructions and care.
- Try to relax. You are in experienced hands.
Our clinical staff at the Surgery Center includes highly trained RNs that specialize in outpatient surgery procedures. Your preoperative nurses will escort you to the preoperative area when it is time for your surgery. Be assured, our staff has years of experience, and their priority is your comfort and safety. Let them know if you require any special assistance.
Before your procedure, our staff will:
- Take your vital signs;
- Review your medical history questionnaire;
- Start an IV;
- And complete additional assessments.
Patients receiving anesthesia will also be evaluated by a board certified anesthesiologist prior to surgery. You will have a chance to ask your anesthesiologist questions in person during your evaluation.
If you are accompanied by an adult family member or friend, they will be allowed to stay with you during a portion of the preoperative procedures. Due to limited space, we ask that you have only one visitor accompany you into the pre-op area. Other friends or family members are welcome to wait in the reception area. It is also recommended that your friend or family member stay in the vicinity of the waiting room during your surgery so that he/she is available to speak with your surgeon.
Preoperative Procedures: Children
The same preoperative procedures described above will take place prior to your child’s surgery. This can be a stressful time for children, so we encourage you to bring a favorite toy or blanket to comfort them. Parents will be allowed to stay with their children in the pre-op area until the time of surgery takes place. During the pre-op assessment / check-in process your surgeon and anesthesia doctor will meet with you to answer any questions.
Next: After Your Procedure